[matroska-devel] Re: Matroska Tags

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Apr 11 10:04:12 CEST 2003

En réponse à Pamel <Paul at msn.com>:

> "Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote
> > BTW, what do you call MultiEntity ?
>
> Your MultiEntity element in the specs.

Doh ! I totally forgot I made this change.
Actually it looks like a more elegant way than the solution I proposed
yesterday. You just need to specify an EntityFunction Number for each of your
2000 tags and the URL, email, name, etc will follow :)
Let's go for it.
That won't use a more matroska IDs than needed.

> I was thinking about listing most of the elements as UTF-8.  I was
> also
> thinking about storing the URL's as UTF-8 as eventually they are going
> start using non-ascii charaters in DNS entries.  Two articles from
> slashdot
> are here:
> http://fr.news.yahoo.com/030201/35/30bn2.html (in french)
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/02/066207&mode=thread&ti
> d=95

That won't happen anytime soon. Even if it does, it will have to be backward
compatible. So don't worry about it.
http://www.matroska.org