[matroska-devel] Re: Matroska Tags

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Apr 10 11:27:33 CEST 2003

En réponse à Christian HJ Wiesner <chris at matroska.org>:

> >Here is an initial list of all of the items that are defined in the
> >EntityFunction element under MultiEntity.  For the names, I used the
> ID3 and
> >Extended RIFF Info.

BTW, what do you call MultiEntity ?

"<Pamel> Steve shouldn't be so picky about the tags.
<Pamel> He didn't want to do them, so he should accept whats coming. :p"

I know. That's part of the game :)
Also I *have* to be picky because I'm trying to get the format consistant. No to
integrate things that will be a drawback now or in the future (see my previous
email). I agree with most of the tags (now we have to define where and how they
will go).

Also you said that each element could have a name, URL, comment, etc ? So the
idea it to create a matroska specific type (like UInteger, UnicodeString, etc).
That will be used internally by matroska-aware softwares... That is necessary
not to define 3xNumber of elements Matroska IDs. Instead you define an ID for
each of your element and it's defined as binary from an EBML point of view. Then
the binary inside could/should also be in EBML format : [ID][length][data]. Then
you define an internal ID for : URL, Name, Comment, UInteger value, etc. You
will save space in the file and in the specs :) And become more extensible, more
consistent in the code, etc... That's an object-oriented approach to the problem :D
http://www.matroska.org