[matroska-devel] Re: Matroska Tags

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Apr 8 17:38:40 CEST 2003

En réponse à Pamel <Paul at msn.com>:

> Here is an initial list of all of the items that are defined in the
> EntityFunction element under MultiEntity.  For the names, I used the ID3
> and Extended RIFF Info.

You may also have a look at the tags of the RIFF Broadcast (using WAV) info.
Dunno if it's the same as Extended RIFF Info

> Encoded by
> Ripped by

Whats is the difference ?

> Involved people list

Is that necessary ?
Is this Track dependant BTW (all these tags) ? Because a person who worked made
the music of the video is not the same author as the one of the video.

> Content group description

What is that ?

> Original album/movie/show title
> Album/Movie/Show title

Difference ?

> Original filename

That's not part of this meta data, it's elsewhere in matroska.

> Original lyricist(s)/text writer(s)
> Original artist(s)/performer(s)

You mean in the case of a cover ? Does it need to be defined so formally ?

> Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)
> Band/orchestra/accompaniment
> Conductor/performer refinement

Colour of the shirt ? Temparature of the room ?

> Software/Hardware and settings used for encoding

The format to define the encoding paramaters is not portable on any OS. I don't
think we need that tag. This is the kind of tag only usefull for 1 application
understanding it. It doesn't need to be in the global format.

> Official Internet radio station

???

> Record Location

In a room ??? Are you trying to put a whole database in one file ?

> Product

What is that ?

> Cinematographer

Difference with the Director ?

> Production Designer

What is that ?

> Costume Designer

Doh ! Yeah a whole database :'(

> Production Studio
> Distributed by
> Commissioned by
> Engineer

Mmmm. I will *never* use most of them, but why not...
http://www.matroska.org