[matroska-devel] Re: Compilation Problems for LibMatroska

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Apr 4 20:59:43 CEST 2003

amit limaye wrote:
> Hello
>       i tried compiling the libmatroska source code which i downloaded from
> the sourceforge page
> it gives me errors while compiling Ebmlstring.
>      To get it compile i has to change this line in the Makefile
> CXXFLAGS=-g -DDEBUG -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas $(GCC2)
> -DWRITE_EVEN_UNSET_DATA
> CXXFLAGS=-g -DDEBUG -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -DGCC2
> -DWRITE_EVEN_UNSET_DATA
>
> i had to force the DGCC2 in the compile options as the shell script failed
> to pick up my compiler yo be  a gcc2 kind
> I have gcc 2.96 running on my machine

Yeah, you may have a look at the GCC version detection and add the case
of GCC 2.96. It don't think it should be too hard.

> after i edited the line the code compiles fine
> i m now searching for what we call the initialization function for the
> library so that i can follow the flow of logic can nebody help me here

The best is to look at test6.cpp (writing) and test8.cpp (reading). It's
not commented a lot. But that's really the way to use the library to
read/write the data.

> Also i visited the Ebml project on sourceforge searched for some docs on the
> standard did not find any ?
> any  pointers on this or is the code the best place to look for it

Well, the EBML site is as a bit less empty than the EBML part in the
matroska specs. But I don't feel like writing more about EBML right now.
If you have any questions you can ask them here or on IRC (#matroska on
irc.corecodec.org).

cya

http://www.matroska.org