[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v6.4.0 released

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Sep 16 09:54:18 CEST 2013

Hey,

I've released MKVToolNix 6.4.0. Not a lot has happened over the
summer, but the Opus support has been finalized. A couple of bug fixes
here and there as well, especially regarding startup problems on
Windows (the mmg window not appearing). However, the next release
should feature HEVC support, and I didn't want to hold off the release
until that's been finished as it may still take a couple of weeks. So
here you go.

For package maintainers: you need libMatroska 1.4.1 due to new
elements, a version that hasn't been released yet (libEBML
requirements stay at the already-released 1.3.0). MKVToolNix'
configure will fall back to the included version and build it
statically. I'm sorry for this, and this is not intentional but due to
severe lack of time on my side these past weeks. I'll try to release
said library within the next two or three week. So feel free to hold
off packaging this MKVToolNix version until then.

Here are the usual links:

...to the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/source.html

...to the binaries:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html

Here's the full ChangeLog since release 6.3.0:

2013-09-15  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * Released v6.4.0.

        * mkvextract: new feature: Implemented extraction of Opus tracks
        into OggOpus files.

2013-09-14  Monty Montgomery  <xiphmont at gmail.com>

        * mkvinfo: bug fix: The track information summary enabled with
        -t/--track-info counted bytes in SimpleBlocks twice.

2013-07-19  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * mkvmerge: bug fix: CueRelativePosition was wrong for
        BlockGroups: it pointed to the Block inside the group instead of
        the BlockGroup itself. CueRelativePosition elements for
        SimpleBlock elements are not affected. Fixes #903.

2013-07-05  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented final Opus muxing.

2013-07-04  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * mmg: bug fix: The "jobs" folder will be created in the same
        mmg.exe is located in for the portable version. The installed
        version will still keep the folder where has already been
        (%APP_DATA%\mkvtoolnix\jobs).

        * mmg: bug fix: Closing mmg's window while it was minimized caused
        mmg to appear hidden and unmovable when started the next time.

2013-07-03  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * mmg: bug fix: Fixed overly long startup time with wxWidgets
        2.9.x (especially on Windows) by using alternative methods for
        initializing certain controls. Makes startup time on par with
        wxWidgets 2.8. See #893.

2013-07-02  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

        * mkvinfo: new feature: Added support for the new Matroska
        elements DiscardPadding, CodecDelay and SeekPreRoll.

        * build system: libMatroska 1.4.1 is now required for building.