[Matroska-users] MKVToolNix v5.1.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Nov 29 10:00:06 CET 2011
I've released mkvtoolnix v5.1.0. It fixes a lot of smaller issues
across the board and greatly improves support for MPEG transport
There are two important issues for package maintainers:
1. MKVToolNix now requires a C++ compiler that supports certain
features of the C++11 standard. For gcc this means at least v4.6.0 is
required. Unfortunately clang, even in the upcoming release 3.0,
doesn't support all of the required features yet. Platforms that don't
ship with such a new gcc or with clang only will have to stay at
2. MKVToolNix now requires Boost v1.46 or newer.
There were no changes that concern package maintainers.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All of the Linux binaries that I provide have already been built and
Here's the full ChangeLog since release v5.0.1:
2011-11-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v5.1.0.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed more timecode handling issues for video
tracks in MPEG transport streams whose PES packets sometimes don't
have a timecode.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will no longer create folders on
drives it shouldn't create them on on Windows.
2011-11-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed bogus huge timecodes sometimes
occurring for AVC/h.264 video tracks read from MPEG transport
2011-11-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: enhancement: Made all EXEs declare their required access
level privileges for Windows' User Access Control.
* mmg: enhancement: Made mmg DPI-aware on Windows (tested up to
2011-11-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: mmg will append ".xml" to the file name entered
when saving from the chapter editor if no extension was given.
2011-11-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: bug fix: Improved skipping broken data on all operating
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: bug fix: Skipping broken data in Matroska
file often caused the program to abort on Windows. This has been
fixed so that processing continues after the broken part. Fix for
2011-11-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* examples: Added XSLT 2.0 stylesheets in the
"examples/stylesheets" directory for turning Matroska chapters
into cue sheet and split points for "shntool" (useful for
situations in which you have e.g. a live recording from a concert
including chapters and want to create one audio file per song).
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading VC1 video tracks from Matroska
files that don't use VC1 start markers (0x00 0x00 0x01 ...).
2011-10-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: Added "ogv" to the list of known file
extensions for "Ogg/OGM audio/video files". Implements bug 667.
* mmg: bug fix: A utility function for breaking a line into
multiple ones was accessing invalid memory in rare situations
causing mmg to crash. Could happen e.g. when adding a job to the
2011-10-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will use DTS instead of PTS for VC1
video tracks read from MPEG transport streams.
2011-10-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* build system: Boost's "Range" library is now required.
* build system: Boost v1.46.0 or newer is now required. As a
consequence included copies of some of Boost's libraries have been
removed (foreach, property tree).
* build system: The C++ compiler must now support several features
of the C++11 standard: initializer lists, range-based 'for' loops,
right angle brackets, the 'auto' keyword and lambda
functions. configure checks for each of these. For GCC this means
at least v4.6.0.
2011-10-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading MPEG transport streams on big
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Added support for reading AAC tracks from
MPEG transport streams.
2011-10-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Relaxed the compatibility checks when
concatenating VP8 video tracks.
2011-10-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed PCM audio in WAV sometimes being
detected as DTS.
* mkvmerge: enhancement: The verbose identification mode will add
the properties "default_duration", "audio_sampling_frequency" and
"audio_channels" if appropriate and if the corresponding header
elements are present.
2011-10-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Packaging: In v5.0.1 mmg's guide was accidentally moved into the
"mkvtoolnix" Debian/Ubuntu package. It has been moved back into
2011-10-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: "Castilan" has been merged with "Spanish"
into "Spanish; Castillan" in the ISO 639 language list as both
share the same ISO 639-2 code "spa".
More information about the Matroska-users