[Matroska-users] How to open .ax files

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Aug 29 22:55:27 CEST 2004

.ax files are DirectShow filters for Microsoft DirectShow, you have to
register them so that Windows knows about them. You can do this from a
command line with

'regsvr32 c:\matroskasplitter.ax'

or you highlight the file in Windows Explorer, make a right click on it,
goto 'open with' and then select the program 'regsvr32.exe' from
c:\Windows\System32 to open it.

The better way, however, is to use our installers from
http://packs.matroska.org to have this job being done for you ;) ...